Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Treadmill Was A Mistake



I was scheduled for a 4 mile tempo run today. I did it, actually five miles, but not as I expected. I peeked outside and the weather was terrible. It was rainy, damp and extremely cold. I made the decision to go to the gym and hit the treadmill. I forgot it was senior citizens day. I love those people but they turn the heat up to about a hundred. I warmed up a mile and had already gone through a bottle of water. It was like running Badwater. I set the 'mill for 8 minute miles and struggled mightily for four miles. I finished in 34:14 cause I was dying in there.

Two things I accomplished today:
1. I got my run in and ran a decent 4 mile tempo run.
2. I am now certified to run in the desert. It couldn't possibly be hotter.

Run hard, stay hydrated and don't give up the ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment