Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Meeting Of The Mind, Heart & Soul



Recovery Day. It is not often that the mind, body and soul are in complete agreement. The clock went off at 5:00 am as usual, and the "big three" were having a meeting. My mind said, "Not nearly enough sleep this week. You have a terrible need for sleep." My body said that the pounding cold  rain (30*) whipping sideways outside was nothing that he wanted to venture in to. And my soul was the most persuasive of them all. For some reason, it could just not endure a run on the damn treadmill one more day.



I love to run and I keep telling myself that spring is coming. Outside days are coming. But today, it came one day too late so I decided to catch up on my sleep and make my entire physche happy. Not one part of me wanted to get out of my bed early, and choose between running in the dark and the cold rain, or go to the sweat box and "hamster it" on the treadmill again. So I protested the weather by laying in bed and now talking with you. I hope you don't mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment