Thursday, March 3, 2011

Beautiful Day....Beautiful Run



I ran 6.5 miles today and then weighed in at 171 lbs. I didn't have a set plan of how far to run. I decided to go out the door, head out 4th street creek and turn around when I was either too tired, too hurting or too thirsty to continue. It was thirst that turned me around in the end. It wasn't that bad but it was an out and back course and you never know where the point of no return is. I played it safe. I could have gone farther. It was the most enjoyable run of the year.

I didn't carry water, food or gel today. I went old school like I used to. I don't like carrying stuff. I get to paying more attention to the "stuff" than I do to how I feel and that defeats the fun of the run. But soon, as summer approaches (yea!!) I will have to get used to carrying water. I remember the old days suffering through a long hot run without water.

My leg didn't hurt even though I ran in my Nike free shoes. We'll see if it get worse later. I felt strong and the sun was shining although it was very cold. (8* "real feel" when I left home,) I feel, right now as I write this exactly how you SHOULD feel after a run. i can't wait for the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment