Monday, March 14, 2011

It's Quiet Today


It's quiet today. Monday is my scheduled Recovery Day. Hal Higdon says I have to rest. I've had three good hard days in a stretch so the rest makes sense. I covered 16 miles in three days here at the end of the week so I don't feel bad about sitting here typing my blog, drinking strong coffee and enjoying the silence.

I am totally convinced that I can cover the half marathon distance now, and I have 2.5 months to cover it quicker. I would love to break 2 hours for the race on Memorial Day weekend. I'm so looking forward to it now.

My water bottle has thawed out from yesterday and this week is supposed to be warm. I'm sitting here drinking strong coffee and enjoying the silence of the morning. All is right with my little world. Good morning to all my friends, have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment