Saturday, March 26, 2011

In The Still Of The Night



I ran a very easy 3 miles in 29:31 in anticipation of a hard ten mile effort tomorrow. It was very cold this morning at 6:00 am and still very dark of course. The temp was 21 degrees with a rather substantial wind chill. Since my fall (not a really a bad one but still) I'm a bit tentative to "open up" and fire off into the night with only a headlamp for illumination. And my mile I cover to get to the trail head is all broken sidewalk so I have to be tip toeing all the way. Enough excuses, I got up at 5:00 am and ran into the night while millions of people slept under warm covers. My friends reading this will smile because they know of what I speak. You all do the same and more.

To Corey and all my pals racing today, good luck! Our racing season hasn't started yet so I will keep track of our website and check in for results. I love race reports so please give 'em up! I can't wait to hear from you all. Y'all be careful out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment