Friday, April 1, 2011

Spirit Of The Marathon


Today was a scheduled recovery day and I took it. I felt fine...could have run...but I did what I should do, rest for the hard efforts.

I have to ask, has anyone seen the movie on Netflix called Spirit of the Marathon? Maybe you all have and I'm the last person who hadn't but yesterday I found this movie under documentaries on Netflix and watched it. It...is...amazing. It's a story of regular people like us (and one elite) training and running the Chicago Marathon. If you can watch the entire movie and not come to your feet with a lump in your throat cheering for these people, you must not be paying attention. Maybe the best documentary about running I have ever seen. This isn't a commercial here at all. It is just that good. I immediately went to Amazon and bought a copy. Take a peek if you can. Tremendous!

No comments:

Post a Comment