Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Running In Quicksand

I was so excited to get to the gym today. I had lifted weights yesterday and missed running. I went in and started my scheduled 3 mile run on the treadmill and hit the wall. Or more accurately, started running in sand. Oh, I covered a little over 3 miles in mostly 5 mph pace or better but my legs were like I had just climbed the stairs to the top of the Sears Tower. (Is it still called the Sears Tower?) I wrote it up to the squats I did yesterday but still I was somewhat disappointed.

This weight lifting stuff...I might have to amend it. I don't know if I should be doing leg workouts. Maybe I get enough exercise for my legs running and I should concentrate on my upper body and back. I'm going to research that today online and figure out a plan. I only lift twice a week but I always have a weak run after lifting day. Bummer.

I also think my ego is getting in the way. When my schedule calls for an easy day, I should go easy but I push myself. I HATE to run slower than I did the day before but that is exactly what the schedule calls for. Easy. I probably shouldn't even time all my runs but the treadmill and my Nike+ software does it anyway. I guess I will have to live with the fact that when I run easy, I'm a slow runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment