Saturday, February 26, 2011

I've Been Hobbled By Kathie Bates!



RECOVERY DAY. I feel like I have been hobbled. Yesterday, if you remember, after going to work with no pain (just tired & lethargy) my ankle suddenly puffed up. It got so sore that I had to hobble around my office. I was just sitting at my desk when it happened. I didn't misstep, or turn my ankle or trip over anything. I was working at my desk, simply stood up and my lower leg felt like Kathy Bates had whacked at it with her sledge. It was terribly sore....and scary too. One of my co-workers mention the dreaded "Stress Fracture!!!" and I got a sick feeling in my stomach.

This AM I'm not quite as sore but I can feel it there. That slight soreness that tells you, " You may THINK I forgot about you....but I'm waiting." I've already contemplated the idea of hiking Grandview as apposed to my scheduled 8 mile run. I'm not sure I can run without pain and further injury and hiking Grandview is a tremendous cardio event without all the pounding. I may just hike long and hard to save the pounding and see if that helps. In the back of my mind....and this could be simply fear talking.....I worry that this could effect my goals of marathons and trail races if I don't get real smart right now. Tomorrow is an important experiment. I'll let you know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment