Friday, February 4, 2011

Nothing Wrong With Having Fun

I ran my 3 miler today almost as an aside. I was scheduled to run 3 miles at pace. I guess I should have looked it up. I wasn't sure what that meant so I ran different distances at difference paces. I'd run a quarter at 5 mph pace, walk for a few seconds and the maybe run a quarter at 6 mph. I threw in some sharp sprints at 7 mph and before I had even thought about it I had run 3.1 miles taking it just barely under 40 minutes! What a good time and it went so fast.

I also enjoyed the weather. It was cold but there was no snow and no rain. It was the typical dry winter day that makes it perfect to run outside. I wish it wasn't so dark at 6:00 am here in West By God Virginia but it is still too early in the season to get on the sidewalks in the dark. Sunday though, Super Bowl Sunday, I'm gonna run one outside for the Steelers.

No comments:

Post a Comment