Monday, January 31, 2011

Muscles Like Arnold

This is always a strange day for me. It is strength and stretch day as scheduled. I have a basement full of weights, machines, bikes, treadmill, stair stepper and other various pieces of equipment (I could train Manny Paqiou down there) but I don't visit it often anymore. I ventured into the sub level and did bench presses, dead lifts, squats, dips, decline bench sit-ups and different stretches. I stretched mostly my legs and my back. I hope this leads somewhere. No matter what good lifting comes to my running.....I'd rather have just gone running. But I'm sticking with the program. I always do well when I do.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy weight lifting. I used to do it almost exclusively but I can't really lift with my grand daughter. But she will run with me. I'm looking forward to her and I traveling to some races this spring and summer and just having fun. We don't compete, we enjoy. As for the weights, I'm getting used to it but a strange thing. I always feel like I'm cheating on my running when I work out with weights. But I never feel like I'm missing anything when I run. On the good side though......I forgot how much I miss Sportscenter in the morning. I get to do that again and it's a shame to say but that is my favorite part of the weight lifting.

No comments:

Post a Comment