Wednesday, February 23, 2011

View From The Treadmill



This was one of those days. We all have them. The alarm goes off, you say "Nah, I'll take today off. I'm whipped." And then you get up anyway and go to the gym. Interval day. It took a long time to warm up today. I ran 7 fast intervals at 5k pace or better and covered about 3 miles total. I ran 2 x 3 mins. @ 5 mph, 2 x 2 mins. @ 6 mph and 2 x 2 mins. @ 6.5 mph. My legs were heavy and tight but my breathing was good. I don't think I accomplished exactly what I wanted to do but a half assed interval workout always beats staying in bed. There is always victory is doing your workout....even when you don't want to.

I had the gym to myself again today. There were only three people there and they were all regulars. I guess the New years resolution people are over it now. No new faces at Wood's Fitness anymore. And the pretty young high school girls are long gone! Must have broke a nail or something on a weight machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment