Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Usain Bolt Has Nothin' On Me

Intervals today. I ran 6 x quarter miles on the treadmill. The first 3 were at 5.5 mph and the last three were at 6 mph. I covered about 3.25 miles in a little over 40 minutes. I didn't have to struggle too much either. I felt very lean, fast and comfortable. I think I could have handled a faster pace. I'm beginning to get a confidence boost as I run through roadblocks. Intervals were always a boondoggle and I didn't think I was ready for long runs yet but I handled the 7 miler Sunday with surprising easiness. I feel really good at this point.

My treadmill buddy came in to the gym again today and parked right beside me.....again. I can't wait for the weather to break. There....again...was an entire row of empty treadmills for his use but he climbed on beside me. He watched me strangely but didn't talk. Maybe he got the message from yesterday but he had another plan. Even though he didn't speak to me, he yelled for other people to come over to talk with him...while he drank his coffee and read his paper....and yakked the whole time right beside me doing intervals. My wife and I have come to the conclusion that he must be the loneliest man in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment