Monday, February 21, 2011

Under The Covers



RECOVERY DAY. I took this as a recovery day. I used to use Monday as a rest day after Sunday's long run but then get up at 5:00 am and lift weights for 30 minutes. I really never saw the value of the weight and strength training for my running. Starting my day at 5am, going to the early Monday meeting at work and then spending a 10 hour day at work was no rest for me. I decided to spend the morning sleeping and actually use it as a recovery. I want to see if I feel better after this. I used to just feel sick all day from too much "day."

I hope the additional sleep is a better recovery. Yesterday I ran 7 hard miles in record time. Then I drove to South Hills in Pittsburgh and spent hours on my feet shopping. I was completely spent by the time I got home. I think my time would have been better spent recovering at home. I was so cramped up last night that I couldn't hardly get off the couch to go to the bathroom. I decided to remedy that with a little more sack time. More rest can't hurt if I stay to the running schedule. We will see how I feel today.

No comments:

Post a Comment