Thursday, February 17, 2011

Grandview Trail 3 Miler


I found out one truism they say about trail running. 3 miles on trails is like 6 miles on the road. Maybe worse or better depending on how you look at it. I ran about three miles on the main trail at Grandview Park. I loved it! The time went so fast. If there was any small complaint it's that the trail was so muddy. All the snow and melted snow made the trail extremely muddy and slippery at times. But if your trail shoes aren't dirty you are a wimp anyway.

I saw herds of deer playfully watching me and jumping over the trail in front of me as I ran. Some of the steeper parts I walked and even stopped to drink and take pictures. It was a complete blast of a time. I can't wait for the trail to dry just a bit. I definitely intend on making this trail run a permanent part of my running.




There were miles of trails, some crossing clearings and some right through deep woods. At times the trail was snow covered and sometimes clear but it was always wet and muddy. That was cool with me. I wore my Camelback belt with the large water bottle and it was fine. No sloshing, very quiet and not heavy at all. At first the water bottle felt heavy when it was full but I'll get used to that. I ate a GU in the woods and I felt like a real trail runner. I can't wait to do that again. Check out all my pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment