Thursday, April 14, 2011

A Six Mile Suck Fest!



I ran a complete six mile suck fest today. It was supposed to be a 1 mile warm-up, 4 miles tempo run and then a 1 mile cool-down. It wasn't that. The first step I took, pain shot straight through my foot and into my ankle. I hoped that it would loosen up during the warm-up mile but that horrible pain stayed with me from the first step all the way to the last step. And I felt like I was breathing underwater. I simply couldn't breathe. I felt lean and mean when I left the house and was completely humbled in a hundred yards. I don't know. Maybe you need that every once in a while. It might have been my new compression shorts. The were way too tight.

Ok, enough of the whining. Two things I guess I have to offer:
#1. If anybody wants to buy a slightly used pair of Under Armour compression underwear, they are going cheap. (Just kidding. Only I would buy used underwear.)
#2. I am going to reassess my training for a couple weeks. Maybe I need to hammer the elliptical for a couple of weeks and rest the foot. Start back running the first of May. The half marathon is the end of May.

I'll figure it out. Love to all my DM'ers.

No comments:

Post a Comment