Saturday, December 3, 2011

I Finally Have A Reason

I stopped writing my blog first because I thought nobody was interested, (most likely true) nobody knew about it (definitely true), and I had lost my Mojo. I felt like I was simply writing for myself about a subject even I wasn't much interested in anymore. But all that changed on a long run listening to the Slow Runners Club podcast and the mentioned Daily Mile. Finally I have found a community I could relate to.

I discovered an 11 minute mile isn't so bad. I always thought I was terrible slow. Turns out I was average or so and that perked me up. Then I read about the mortal humans running their first races and they were so excited! Since I've run a hundred or so in my running career this was an eye opener. The excitement was back...for them and for me. And I met some amazing people. Husbands deployed, friends fighting depression, divorce...all life's little kicks in the onions but they mustered the strength to run. So what was my excuse. I'm a happy guy and I was a lazy guy. Now...the mojo is back.

With the encouragement of some amazon women, I am training for the Pittsburgh Marathon in May 2012, the Ogden Half at the end of May, and the jewel in the crown, the inaugural Canton Marathon when I finally get to meet some of my heroes. The mojo is back. The air doesn't feel as cold in the morning. My body doesn't hurt and the excuses are gone. Time to toughen the fuck up and be a runner.  And that is just what I am going to do.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you have found a new inspiration in daily mile and that I'm fortunate enough to be able to follow your training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you found your Mojo! Love following your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be here to read your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog post! I relate to it in so many ways. Where is your follow or subscribe button?

    ReplyDelete